Ask a Urologist   »  

Urianalysis, bladder infection, leukocytes positive, red blood cells, protein, bilirubin in urine. Serious?

I went in for a urinalysis to determine if I had a bladder infection, I tested positive for luekocytes, along with red blood cells, and protein, along with bilirubin - I was concerned about the bilirubin in my urine - doctor said it was indicative of a bladder infection - the reading was a 1+ - so I believe it was not high.should i be concerned that there is something else wrong
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

As your urine is showing leukocytes ,RBC, protein , bilirubin you certainly have a UTI.

Also i would like to ask you few questions.
1. Are you having fever?
2. Recent h/o hepatitis/Jaundice?
3. Are you on any drugs?
4. Do you have pain in right upper part of abdomen?

Mean while you may need antibiotic which can be prescribed by your doctor.
Analgesics and anti inflammatory drugs may also be used..
Drink a lot of water.
Cranberry juice is very useful too.

Hope I've answered your query. I will be available for follow up should you have more queries