Urgency to urinate and pass stools, pregnant, increased frequency of bowel movement. Can I take enteroquinol?

I am 22 weeks pregnant.
Whenever I feel my bladder is full I need to go to the rest room immediately.Same applies for my bowel movement. If i dont I get severe pain in stomache and it doesnt go away unless I relieve myself. s this normal? Also the frequency of my bowel movement has increase.I now need to go atleast 2-3 times a day.
Yesterday I went 8-9 times.In such scenario, Can i take the tablet 'ENTERO QUINOL'? Is it safe?
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 6 hours later

Increase desire to pass urine is common in pregnancy however to rule out urine infection, give your urine for routine microscopy and culture tests.

Regarding bowel movement, increase frequency is not typical of pregnancy. You can try home bases remedies like curd, kichdi, banana etc. Iron and calcium tablet may cause tummy upset so you may consider stopping them for while and see.

Safety of enteroquinol is not established during pregnancy so do not take it. Consult your Obstetrician before taking any medicine.

Do write back if you have more concerns.

All the best.