Upset stomach, pain in groin area, anxiety. BP normal. Reason for frequent motion?

HI there.
A week and a half ago i ate something that i thought had given me an upset stomach.
For the following couple of days i didn't eat much at all just in case.
My stools at times have been frequent sometime 3 in the morning and different constancies, ive also been using the loo a little more at night.
The pain has radiated to lower back and to the front just below my belly and above my groin area, feels like bladder area.
Its painful when sitting and relieved when standing.
My groin area is rather sweaty, i have not been sick nor passing blood and my urine seems to be fine.
The pain from what i can describe is a dull ache with periods of more intense pain, i have been kept awake at times with it, and is causing me some heightened anxiety.
When i say the Dr she took my temperature, blood pressure and felt around my stomach and seemed to think i had mild constipation.
I cant see how this is possible when passing stools sometime 5 times a day, and the pain to be in the bladder region.
I am going to revisit the Dr but would like your advise before i do so.
Many thanks.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Thank you for your query.

The total scenario is, frequent & loose stool for 10 days, lower abdominal pain & poor appetite for the same duration.
There is a history of stomach upset 10 days back.

Now, some things need to be considered.
probably some residual infection is present which occurred initially 10 days back.
The infection may be protozoal or bacterial.
In that case antiprotozoal or antibiotic drug will help you to eradicate the infection.

The another possibility is IBS though the period is short.
Anxiety may aggravate the condition.
This suspected IBS is diarrhea predominant type.

Malabsorption should be considered also.
Though these patient have a long history of bowel abnormality.
Stool examination may give a clue.

I think I have been some help of your query.
Please write if you have any doubt.