Unprotected sex. On birth control but missed that day. Chances of being pregnant?

Question
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on Sunday around 5pm. She has been taking birth control for 2 months. She told me that she forgot to take the pill sunday night, but she took a pill the night before. I did not ejaculate inside here, i pulled out. My question is, is the birth control hormone still active in her body even though she did not take the pill. (She did take a birth control pill on Monday). Does birth control only work for the day that she took it? How long does it take if she forgot to take a pill for the hormones to wear off? All im asking is what is the chances of her being pregnant?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 hours later

1. If someone forgets to take birth control pill for a day and take two tablets the next day, then there are absolutely no chances of pregnancy. However if she forgets to take it for two consecutive days then there are chances of failure.

2. As your girlfriend has taken it on next day, though she has taken only one tablet because you said you did not ejaculate, the chances of pregnancy seem minimal.

3. Ovulation day also carries an importance. It would have been better if you had mentioned her last date of menstrual period in your account.

Looking through the whole events again, I would say that the chances of pregnancy are almost nil. Wait till her next periods.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have more doubts.
If it is clear and you are convinced with my reply, please close this discussion and rate it. I will appreciate your reviews.

Wish you good health.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Unprotected sex. On birth control but missed that day. Chances of being pregnant? 7 hours later
Her last period was on April 17th.
Follow-up: Unprotected sex. On birth control but missed that day. Chances of being pregnant? 4 hours later
Her last period was on 4/17/2012 and we had sex on 4/22/12. Is that the fertile period?

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later

Thanks for your feedback.

No, it is not fertile period.

Mid cycle period is the ovulatory phase which is fertile period.

One week before and after menses is safe period but contraception should be used as there are chances of failure in case of irregular cycles.

Best wishes