Undergone C-section. Feeling very weak, unhealthy and ugly body. Diagnosed with thyroid. Remedy?

i need to re work on my health, body and mind - post my 1st baby (through c-sec) last year march, i feel very weak, unhealthy, tired and the ugly body, dull face only adds up to the distress. my energy levels are drastically low. i was also diagnosed with thyroid6 months post delivery. the doctor had said that my body is in no shape to take work stress since i decided to join back. after 4 months of work i quit because i could not manage and wanted to be with my baby.
just today i have promised myself that i will continue yoga. i eat on time, mostly and eat healthy food. its definitely a bit oily, thanks to indian style and my cook.
i am 78 kgs, 5.5 tall and 33 years old.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later

Postpartum depression is quite common & it can persist from few months to one year. So now it is the time to recover & to rework for yourself. Weight of 78 kg at height of 5.5 is overweight. To be overweight after delivery is also common, but it can be reduced by regular exercise & taking healthy food XXXXXXX in protein & vitamins.

Take lots of fluid & fruits XXXXXXX in antioxidants so that your face can glow & you look fresh & energetic.
Yoga & meditations are good for your body & piece of mind.

I hope your query has been answered.
Follow-up: Undergone C-section. Feeling very weak, unhealthy and ugly body. Diagnosed with thyroid. Remedy? 13 hours later
Thank you for the feedback doctor. My child is 16 months old now, this is post postpartum :(
I forgot to mention - knee pain and ankle pain. i feel the ankle pain could be due to my weight.
Would running and XXXXXXX namashkar take care of my hanging stomach and thighs too?
Also my immunity has reduced drastically. earlier except a rare cold and a rare stomach upset i never fell ill.
I forgot to mention that i had high risk pregnancy and was on bed rest for all 9 months. During my last semester i was diagnosed with diabetes, however post pregnancy tests were negative.
I am hoping that your suggestions will help me revive.
Also if i would like to have another child, how much gap should i keep considering i am already 33.
thank you.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 31 hours later
To reduce weight there should be brisk walking of at least 30 minutes three times in week.
If you want to know exercises to reduce abdominal fat & thigh, it is better to consult a physiotherapist.
If you were having diabetes during pregnancy get your blood sugar checked at regular interval of at least 3 months followed by yearly interval.
There should be a gap of at-least 18 months if you were having previous caesarean section.
I hope your queries have been answered.