Unable to stand for long. MRI showed spinal stenosis at cervical and lumbar. No pain. Undergone hp replacement. What to do?

Neurologist
Question
This is regarding my father's ailment.His AGE IS 67. He is UNABLE TO XXXXXXX NCE IN STANDING FOR EVEN FOR A MINUTE.WITH EYES CLOSED STANDING WILL BE MORE TREMBLING.UNABLE TO WALK STEDILY FOR 15 MINUTES. MRI REPORTS SHOWN TO DRS. SOME DRS SAY IT IS SPINAL STENOSIS AT CERVICAL AND LUMBAR ZONE.BUT HE DOEN'T EXPERIENCE ANY PAIN IN THE SPINAL CORD BUT EXPERIENCES IN THE RIGHT FOOT.HE HAS ARTHRITIS IN THE RIGHT KNEE WHICH RESULTS IN MINOR PAIN DURING WALKING.
SOME DRS ADVISE OPERATION. IN SPECIFIC SOME STATE IN THE LUMBAR REGION AND SOME IN THE CERVICAL REGION.
SOME DRS DO NOT FAVOUR BUT ADVISES PHYSIOTHERAPY AS IAM MANAGING TO LEAD A ROUTINE LIFE.
HAD UNDERGONE TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT ON MY RIGHT SIDE IN 2008 JULY.
UNDERWENT ANGIOPLASTY IN APRIL 2013 ON RCA(1 NO STENT) AND TAKING PRESCRIBED MEDICINES.
IS THERE A CURE THRU' MEDICINES?HE IS NON-DIABETIC.
IS OPERATION THE ONLY SOLUTION ? IN SUCH CASE IS IT SAFE TO UNDERGO AND GET 100% CURE.
Kindly suggest.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 9 hours later
Dear Ms XXXXXXX

I have gone through details about your father's illness and feel concerned about it. The imbalance in him could be due to spinal cord, nerve or brain problem.
In first instance we have to find out possible cause(s) of his problem of imbalance and what is neurological deficit before we embark on analysing MRI films and other investigation. Thus I will suggest that he should have a good clinical examination by a neurologist. Then we will go through basic biochemical investigations and MRI results. I think plan of treatment will come then.

The need for surgery cannot be made with the query written here unless I clinically examine him. We need to understand the findings on the examination. You can attach the prescription here after the examination.

Pratap