Ultrasound shows endometrial stripe. Do I need to be concerned?

Hello, my GYn was concerned about my endometrial stripe. I had an ultrasound done on day 4 into my period and stripe was 1.1 cc. I had a repeat ultrasound done today, 10 days before I should get period and stripe is 1.3. Wondering if I need to be concerned or if this is good news
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

It is better to get beta HCG levels done along with ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.

As you have mentioned your age 51 yrs so it is better if you tell me your past obstetric history as well as menstrual history

Best wishes

Follow-up: Ultrasound shows endometrial stripe. Do I need to be concerned? 7 hours later

I do not mean to be insulting but was this question answered by a real person? I did not say I suspeced pregnancy. Quite the contrary. I know I am not pregnan and never have been. I am 51.5 years old, under a lot of stress for the past year and have irregular periods.
My question is about the size of the endometrial stripe. Is it normal to be 1.3 cc 10 days before my menstrual period is due to ebgin? I ask this b/c my gyn. was concerned that is 1.3 during my period (which occured unexpectedly adfter 2 months due to stress and age)
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 43 minutes later

Welcome back

After reading the word '' good news '' I got confused as you did not mention your menstrual history or irregular periods. Anyways sorry for that.

We consider endometrial thickness as first sign of pregnancy or hormonal disturbances.

Now coming to the point , you had thickness of 1.1 cc that means volume 1.1ml and we see thickness in mm. If it is 1.1 mm on 4th day means it is normal.

10 days before periods it is 1.3 , units not mentioned but I guess it is 13 mm which is normal in secretory phase.

It is not thick and you don't have to worry , just wait for the biopsy report which is going to give you good news.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Ultrasound shows endometrial stripe. Do I need to be concerned? 41 minutes later
Thank you for clarifying. Your second response was very helpful and confirms that changes are normal and due to being perimenapausal
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later
Thanks and wish you all the best