Ultrasonography of the buttock showed lipoma in sciatic nerve. How to remove this lipoma?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Ultrasonography of the left buttock taken 2nd January 2013
Picture compatible with lipoma left in gluten measuring 2.10 x1, 80 x 0.7 and 1.2 cm XXXXXXX I strongly suspect that it is touching the sciatic nerve and is causing me a strong pain in my left leg all the way down.
Who can remove this lipoma?
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later

There is possibility of touching the nerve by lipoma in your gluteal region if you have neurological symptoms like tingling and numbness.

This lipoma can be removed by a General or orthopaedic surgeon.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.