Ask a Dentist   »  

Two wisdom teeth are rotting. Having swollen jaw lymph node, a weird feeling in the mouth and thrush on tongue. what could be the cause?

Dentist
Question
can two rotting top two wisdom teeth cause swollen jaw lymph node, a werid feeling in the mouth ( like someone is pinching my checks), pinkish tint to face, diarrhea, trush on tongue? I had a wisdom tooth removed about 8 months ago and the denist said there was an infection, could this be my problem?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes the above symptoms are of dental origin.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,

Welcome to XXXXXXX forum,

The infection in the wisdom tooth could spread to the surrounding periapical tissues leading to swelling of the upper jaw bone, tender cheeks, trush on tongue.
Diarrhea could be due course of antibiotics and analgesics prescribed to you.

I would like to tell you that wisdom tooth is the last tooth to errupt in the oral cavity which is often impacted, tilted in position, this area is difficult to clean and often invites bacterial infection leading to swelling, pain and discomfort.
It is better to get it removed if causing any trouble.

I would encourage you to visit to an Oral Surgeon get a thorough clinical examination done take an OPG radiograph for confirming the cause and to give appropraite treatmnet plan. If the tooth was removed eight months back, then there could be a problem in some other region in the mouth.
A course of antibiotics and analgesics is required also take a course of antacid along with the medications half hour before meals.

Mouthrinsing with antiseptic mouthwash and lukewarm saline will give you a soothing effect.

Hope you find this as informative and helpful,

If you have any further queries feel free to ask!

Take care!
Dr Qazi Ammara.

Follow-up: Two wisdom teeth are rotting. Having swollen jaw lymph node, a weird feeling in the mouth and thrush on tongue. what could be the cause? 10 hours later
but the diarrhea and lymph node just started like a few days ago

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Diarrhea could be due to antibiotics if prescribed to you or else could be due to GIT problems. Enlarged lymph nodes can be due to dental reasons as i have mentioned earlier to you a thorough clinical examination and evaluation is required, i would encourage you to consult to an Oral Surgeon and get the checkup done.

Take care!
Dr Qazi Ammara.