Two children, mother died four years back. Can vaginal smear identify if a woman has had sex in last four years ?

Question
a woman have two kid her died 4 year a go in that 4 year if she had sex with some one the XXXXXXX test can tell our not please answar
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
I think you want to ask that if vaginal smear can identify if a woman has had sex in last four years.
A vaginal smear can only identify the components of semen for upto 48 hours after having sex. Four years is a long time and there is no test to identify if someone had sex with anyone in such a long time.
You need to be more detailed in the description of what exactly do you need to know to have a specific professional opinion .
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.

Follow-up: Two children, mother died four years back. Can vaginal smear identify if a woman has had sex in last four years ? 1 hour later
what abut if she had sex last two weeks ago XXXXXXX test can tell our not thinks

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Two weeks is again a long time for the semen components to be detected in vaginal smear. If the test comes negative we cannot definitely rule out the possibility of history of having intercourse.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.