Is it normal to have watery vaginal discharge while taking Macrobid for UTI?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Side effect of macrobid Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Macrobid contains nitrofurantoin. It can cause side effects like altered vaginal discharge and itching etc. Intake of macrobid for prolonged periods can lead to alteration of vaginal flora and vaginal fungal infection. That can be one cause for your problem. Increased vaginal discharge can be seen in physiological conditions like during ovulation, before onset of menstruation etc. Macrobid can change the color of the urine, but greenish vaginal discharge is somewhat abnormal. So, if the discharge persists, consult gynecologist once and get examined. If the discharge appears as pathological, you can take treatment for it according to doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have watery vaginal discharge while taking Macrobid for UTI? 4 minutes later
Thank you very much! I'm wondering, is it possible that Macrobid could mask the smell of BV?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
People also viewed
- Is watery vaginal discharge in early pregnancy normal
- Can you take azo and oxy pro elite together
- Nutrolin b syrup for loose motion infants
- Vaginal discharge while taking lexapro
- Multiple tiny peripheral follicles
- Ovary shows multiplesmallperipheral follicles
- My left ovary follicle shows ruptured
- Lactulose in hepatitis b
- Microdermabrasion hepatitis b
- Vaginal discharge while taking pills
- Taking zpac for bronchitis yellow vaginal discharge normal
- Peripherally placed pre follicle
- Very itchy vagina and foggy urine
- Can we cure hepatitis b through unani medicine
- Brown vaginal discharge after taking cytotec is this normal