Trying to prevent phulwari or vitiligo disease. An infant also suffers. How to prevent?

preventing phulwari disease, is it comunicable disease? i have smal baby girl,5 years old she is sufering from phulwari disease
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query,

Phulwari is also known as VITILIGO (SAFED DAAG) which manifests as white or depigmented patches on skin.

It is NOT a communicable disease, so it cannot spread to any other members in the family.

The exact reason for phulwari is not known, but in certain cases it is seen as hereditary or may be due to low immunity or as an autoimmune disorder.

There is no prevention measures as it does not spread by touch. But there are good ways to treat it. Early treatment is important. Also other auto immune diseases should also be checked like thyroid and anemia.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. And should you have any additional queries, I will be happy to address it.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.