Trying to conceive, small cyst on ovary with thick endometrium. How to cure without taking birth control?

May 2013
I'm 27 years I'm trying to conceive last 1 yr in that first 4 month me and my husband have inter course since last 8months he is travelling continuously so last 8 months we didn't have any intercourse before 3 months since I have small cyst on the right ovary I got my periods late then automatically periods came & it is regular for this three months then we both went to gyno she advised me to do follicur study today is my 12th day I took ultrasound the result showing Ovary - normal in size & show poly cystic changes,right ovary measures 2.8 *1.9 cms,Left ovary measures - 2.7 *1.6 cms,no free fluid seen.2.5 *1.8 cm cystic lesion is seen in the left annexation posterior to the uterus & separate from the ovary probably para - ovarian cyst & my endometrium thickened - 6mm.on 12 th day .i want to know wether there is a chance of ovulation? I want to know in this para ovarian cyst I will get pregnant?how to cure the cyst without taking birth control pills? Can u pls help me on the same.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Usually Poly cystic ovarian syndrome will present with symptoms like menstrual irregularity, anovulation etc.
In your ultrasound report there is no development of ovarian follicle till now. The delay may be because of PCOS.
The follicle may develop later in the month, so you need to repeat the follicular study on every alternative day.
If follicle does not develop in this cycle, you may need ovulation induction in the next cycle.
Regarding paraovarian cyst, as it is of smaller size and not causing any symptoms you can leave it like that. Asymptomatic small paraovarian cyst usually doesn't affect fertility and need no treatment. Sometimes it can disappear spontaneously.
Regular followup is enough.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive, small cyst on ovary with thick endometrium. How to cure without taking birth control? 34 hours later
hi doctor today is my 14th day follucular Study.My right ovary measures 11*8 mm & Left ovary follicle measures 11*8 mm Endometrium thickening is 8 mm & my POD is period cycle vary from 31 to 35 days when i will do there is any chance of ovulation in this cycle please help me...
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later

Yes, as follicles are developing there is possibility of ovulation in this cycle.
You continue the follicular study on alternative days.
According to your cycle length you may ovulate between 17th to 21th day.
So by continuing the follicular study you can access the growth of the follicle and possibility of ovulation. Your endometrial thickness is good.
You plan unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation that will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.