Trying to conceive, delayed periods with brownish discharge instead of bleeding, diarrhea, stomach ache. Periods onset sign?

HI I am 24 years old and never been pregnant ,I have had 2 pass years of irregular periods as well as ovarian cyst, In the beginning of January 2013 my periods had started to regulate again and no more cyst. I have received my period every month and they have been normal so me and my boyfriend decided to try for a baby. It is now May I was suppose to get my period the 8th but didn't get it instead I got sum light bleeding with brownish discharge on the 10th which has disappeared I also have been having really bad stomach pains and diarrah ,Could my period be getting out of whack again after being normal for 4 months
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms that you have are more likely to be due to a pregnancy. The mild spotting that you had is likely to be an implantation bleeding. It is best to get a urine test done using a highly sensitive pregnancy test kit available over the counter.
In case the test comes negative then other causes like hormonal imbalance needs to be considered.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Trying to conceive, delayed periods with brownish discharge instead of bleeding, diarrhea, stomach ache. Periods onset sign? 10 hours later
Hi I took a pregnancy test and it was negative I don't know how sensitive the test was what causes hormonal imbalances cause as I said my periods have been pretty normal the pass months I was treated a couple weeks back 4 bacteria vignois and was treated with flagyl could that had cause this and also I thought implantation bleeding was before a miss period and not after
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If the pregnancy test is negative then a hormonal imbalance is likely. The home pregnancy test kits are 97% accurate. The treatment for vaginosis is not likely to delay your periods.
You need to get your hormonal profile evaluated under the guidance of a gynecologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.