Trying to conceive. Suggest a magic pill. What can I do otherwise?

May 2013
i want to get pregant. I am trying for last 6 months. I had 2 abortions in 2010.
IS there any magic pill or something that I can take. I m an india living in US and I am 36 yr old.
I track my most fertile days and ensure I have sex on those 2 days with my husband.but still I m not successful.

Can some please help.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
thanks for the query.

if women more than 35 years not able to conceive after 6 months of unprotected intercourse it can be taken as infertility,
in your case it will be secondary infertility.

to treat infertility both partners to be get investigated.

for you: as you are telling that you are able to track the fertile days it is indicating that you are ovulating.
then the possible causes for your inability conceive are,

-as there is history of two previous abortions, at that time if history of D&Cs are there, then the possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease is there, which can present with uterine adhesions, blockade of fallopian tube etc which can lead to inability of sperm to reach the ovum or the zygote can't get implanted.

-endometriosis is one more possibility with D&C, which can also lead to infertility by causing scaring on reproductive organs etc.

-in case of regular periods the ovulation can occur between 12 to 16 days, as the life of ovum is around 24 hours, you have to plan intercourse in these days at least on alternative days.

to rule out above possibilities you once consult gynecologist, get examined and take one ultrasound.

for your husband: semen analysis to be done,
though previously it was normal, with time the parameters can change because of many factors.

after this basic workup possibly you can find out the solution.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.