Trying to conceive. On HGC diet. Missing period. Pregnancy test positive. Am I pregnant?

Mar 2016

I've been on the HGC Diet for 5 days and am 2 days late for my periods. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it come back positive, I've been trying for a baby so could I be pregnant or is it just the HGC drops affecting the test?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. S Patra 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your history.

HCG Diet or Drops contains hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin and very much useful in controlling or losing body weight. But it should be avoided in preconception state while you are trying for baby and try other measures to control body weight.

You have missed/late period for 2 days.Your pregnancy test may give false positive result due to consumption of HCG Diet. Therefore,you should stop/skip HCG diet for at least 7-10 days to clear out hCG completely from your body and get accurate result.

After 10 days,you can again do a home pregnancy test and check the result. If you get a positive result, then an Ultrasonography (USG) lower abdomen is needed to confirm pregnancy.
Other possibilities of late period like hormonal imbalance, irregular eating habit, stress/anxiety, ovarian cyst, thyroid problem, psychological upset, over weight or extreme loss are to be considered if pregnancy is ruled out.

Also follow some basic things:
1) Take healthy diet and avoid spicy/fatty/salty food stuff.
2) Drink plenty of fluids/water and eat XXXXXXX vegetables.
3) Avoid stress/tension by regular XXXXXXX breathing exercise
4) Maintain personal hygiene and rest adequately.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you for good health and successful pregnancy.