Trying to conceive. How to keep sperm inside for long?

Infertility Specialist
I am trying to get Pregnant since last 6 months. My daily schedule is very hectic. I get an average sleep of 5-6 hrs a day. I stand and sit for long hours. I feel tired all the time. Dose it has anything to do with conceiving baby . My mental stress level is very low. I do not drink and smoke. My husband is a social drinker.
Also let me know how long sperms should be kept inside the XXXXXXX and how to keep it in for long. We have tried every possible thing to keep it inside but it comes out, may be very little amount staying inside.
Please advice.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 58 minutes later

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Excessive physical work and lack of sleep is not good for natural conception. Especially lack of sleep leads to various problems due hormonal imbalance.

2) After intercourse sperms stay inside the vagina. Some amount of semen does come out but some sperms would have entered inside the womb which is needed for fertilization.

3) I suggest you get following blood tests on second day of your cycle: FSH, LH, AMH, TSH, T3, T4, Prolactin. If possible get tubal test called HSG ( hysterosalpingogram) to evaluate fallopian tube patency.

4) Please get semen analysis done for your husband to check sperms.

5) Please get both above tests and let me know the report based on which I can give you further advice.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist