Trying to conceive. How can we determine the problem?

Infertility Specialist
hi Doctor

i got married for an year and we are trying for baby from last 8-9 months, but still my wife is not able to concive.

kindly let us know what can be done and how to judge wether the problem is from my side or my wife side.

Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I shall answer you in simple steps to investigate both of you: 1) You get your semen analysis (sperm test) done from standard laboratory. Only this test is sufficient for you now. If its normal you dont need to worry. 2) Next you get 2 blood tests got your wife : FSH & LH. These need to be done on Day 2 of the menstrial cycle. These assess eggs in ovaries. 3) Get transvaginal ultrasound to assess ANTRAL FOLLICLE COUNT which means to check number & size of eggs. This also to be done on day 2 of cycle. 3) Get a test called hysterosalpingogram ( HSG ). This is a type of X-ray test to check if your wife's fallopian tubes are open or closed. (the egg travels through this tube to reach womb). These tests are enough to diagnose any major problems. Treatment can be adviced if there are any problems. I hope i answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist