Trying to conceive. Got an IVF treatment. Have low egg count. How to increase AMH level? What to do further?

Question
Hi Doctor,

Well i would like to discuss my case with you.

Its being 3 years for my marriage and from 1 last year we are trying for a baby. Also, last month i got an IVF treatment, however it was not success.

During the IVF, while going for ET they have told me that i got a nice embroys, of say 8 cells with Grad A. But now when it came -ve they are telling me that it was fragmented or the quality of Embroys were not good.

The reason they were telling me, that i have a low egg reserve or say low AMH count of around 2.2.

Further, they are telling me that i can't go for more IVF or i have to go for Egg donor to get the eggs which will be further used for IVF.

So, i want to ask, like if there any solution to increase the AMH level or i only have to go for Donor eggs.

Also, guide me of what should i do at this stage ?

I am really worried and need your guidance, as it can change my life.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 3 hours later
hi
At age 28 yrs when you have been trying for just 1 yr the worry should not be much.
The ovarian reserve can be evaluated by various tests and parameters

1. Age of female
2. AMH levels
3.Estradiol and FSH on day 3 of cycle
4. Antral follicle count
5.Clomiphene challenge test

Your AMH is 2.2 . Whats the unit used?
An Estradiol of <80 and an FSH of <10 on day 3 of cycle shows good ovarian reserve.
A good antral follicle count
Clomiphene challenge test-pl do FSH and Estradiol on day 3. Then take tab Clomiphene 100 mg daily from day 5-9.Repeat FSH on day 10 of cycle should show a low FSH of <10.
Antral follicle count of 16-30 is normal

My suggession is to do the above tests and reach a conclusion about your fertility status before deciding on donor eggs

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Got an IVF treatment. Have low egg count. How to increase AMH level? What to do further? 30 minutes later
Doctor,

Thanks for your reply.

The AMH unit uses here is ng/ml i.e its 2.21ng/ml.

I hope it can give you clear picture now.

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 37 hours later
I thought so
Please go ahead with the recommendations made earlier.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Got an IVF treatment. Have low egg count. How to increase AMH level? What to do further? 1 minute later
Thanks for your reply Doctor.

But i would like to ask in Case AMH is low, can we get it increased with proper medication or Egg donation is the only possible way?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 9 hours later
There is no medication or method to improve AMH levels.
We cant reverse our age similarly the quality/ number of follicles in ovary cant be changed.
We all had follicles from age 20 weeks in womb.
After birth the number of follicles keep decreasing with age. There can be accelerated loss in some compared to others. AMH can only predict the chances , it cant be absolute.
You may still try with your own eggs.