Trying to conceive. Experiencing blood stain discharge. Could it be implantation bleeding? Should I be concerned?

May 2013
Hi, I am a 32 year old female, currently trying to conceive 1.5 yrs & have recently undergone infertilty investigations. This weekend (6 days post ovulation) I experienced blood stained (pink/brown) discharge immediately post coitus, continuing into the next day. Intercourse was not rough or anymore rigourous than usual. Hopeful that this may have been 'implantation bleeding' I have tested my urine for Hcg the past 2 days (now 10 days post ovulation) negative each time. I underwent surgical Laparoscopy + Histeroscopy XXXXXXX studies & biopsy around 13 weeks ago, and was diagnosed with mild /?moderate endometriosis, focused around bowel, ureters & pouch of XXXXXXX - not hindering reproductive organs. Fallopian tubes patent, ovaries, endometrium, cervix etc all appeared healthy. I now fall into the 'unexplained infertility' category. 10 years ago I had a cone biopsy for removal of 'benign tumour' following abnormal smear + colposcopy and biopsy, the same year I had a surgical termination of pregnancy at around 8 weeks gestation. My Gynaecologist reported nil scarring detected during recent laparoscopy. Recent Pap smear (Oct 2010) was normal also. Should I be concerned regarding the recent blood stained discharge during/post intercourse?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 47 minutes later

though you had past history of abnormal pap smear, as you underwent treatment after that and had almost 3 normal pap smears with recent one within past 3 years, the chance of cervical dysplasia is low,
endometriosis can cause inter menstrual abnormal bleeding but as your reproductive organs are not affected that chance is also low,

some urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy sometimes that may be reason for your negative test,
so what you can do is wait for 5 more days and undergo for blood test for pregnancy which will find out the possibility.
if test comes positive it is good.

if comes negative and if the post coital bleeding recurs better you once consult gynecologist and undergo local examination to evaluate the status of cervix.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.