Trying to conceive. Diagnosed with cervical polyp. Should I get my fallopian tubes tested?

Question
Since last 1 year i m trying to be conceive, recently i diagnosed I have cervical polyp? i have taken oral pill for 6 years ,I want to conceive 2nd time? I also want to check my Fallopian tubes are patent or not? what's ur suggestion in this case?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 36 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Conception requires (1) the release of a 'egg' from the ovary (2) the presence of adequate sperm (3) normal transport of the egg and sperm to a part of the fallopian tube where fertilization occurs (4) transport back to the endometrial lining of the uterus where implantation occurs.

In females issues with fertility may be related to the cervix, the structure of the uterus, the tubes, the ovaries (if they are ovulating, this is normally checked by the hormonal tests that you mentioned you already had).

Cervical polyps, depending on the size, can affect fertility. A test called hysteroscopy can be done. This allows the gynecologist to take a look into the cervix and uterus and remove any polyps at the same time.
In addition in terms of assessing whether the tubes are patent or not, there is a test called HSG.
This stands for hysterosalpingogram. It involves using a XXXXXXX to take a look at the tubes to identify and blockage.

You can consider speaking to your doctor about having these investigations done.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Diagnosed with cervical polyp. Should I get my fallopian tubes tested? 8 hours later
My doctor has already told me about this and also informed me it costs around £3000.00-£5000.00 pounds. That's why I asked u is there any cheapest way to do these test ?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
HI,I am speaking under correction because I do not work under your system, but I believe that if your GP at your surgery referred you to a public specialist consultant at a hospital that the cost would be significantly less, if not free.
Through the NHS, investigations are subsidized by government, I believe. It may be best to speak to your GP to find out the most cost efficient route to have them done.

I really hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions