Trying for pregnancy. Prescribed duphaston. Missed periods. Home pregnancy test negative. Pregnant?

Hi Doctor , my name is XXXXX and I am 24 years old. I am married since 1 year 7 months and trying for pregnancy and took scans, tests but no luck. we consulted a gynecologists during my last periods ( August/22/2013) . She suggested to take duphaston (10 mg) for 20 days. Now i didn't get my period till this month ( september ) and missed for 12 days as of now .Also my period was regular before. I took home pregnancy test and HCG Beta blood test , both came negative. May i know why i didnt get my period? am i pregnant ?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy is not there.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You can be assured that pregnancy isn't a factor here.
You have done pregnancy test and beta HCG evaluation and it is negative.
The other reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea , polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause here as pregnancy is ruled out.
Taking duphaston does not cause a delay in the periods. The periods will start once you will stop taking Duphaston.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Trying for pregnancy. Prescribed duphaston. Missed periods. Home pregnancy test negative. Pregnant? 10 minutes later
Thanks for your response doctor! I had PCOD 8 months back and done the laproscopy surgery , removed chocolate cysts ovary on November 2012 . After i took 3 shots of zoladex , trying for pregnancy till now. My periods was absolutely normal after my 3rd shot of zoladex. During my last period , my doc told to repeat the follicular scan for 3 days, she said at the 3rd scan the egg got released. And she told , i should pregnant. Still confused and worried :(!!! shall i wait for another 7 dayss??

Also she gave ovulation injection after the second follicular scan !

Also I had symptoms like giddiness, more hungry during midnight , legs pain some time , back pain only after missed my period this month ..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your egg was not released in last scan.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
Since in the third scan the egg was not released, pregnancy is not likely in this cycle.
You can wait for another 7 days and see if the periods start.
The symptoms that you have can be related to anxiety or premenstrual syndrome or mild hormonal changes also. Since the pregnancy test is negative, pregnancy is ruled out.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.