Treatment for urge to pass stools after eating dairy products?

Having stomach problem: a) Urge of Motion after taking milk or milk related products. b) Problem after taking salad raw. c)Problem after taking milk related product. d) Lots of gas problem. e)Sometime heaviness in stomach. Some doctor says that its a problem of Amebisis for which no permanent cure is there
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 13 hours later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from Lactose Intolerance Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. From the provided information, it is evident that you are suffering from Lactose Intolerance- a condition in which there is an inability to digest and absorb lactose (the sugar in milk) that results in gastrointestinal symptoms when milk or food products containing milk are consumed. This is due to deficiency of an enzyme called Lactase, which digests lactose sugar. There is no permanent cure since there is a permanent deficiency of Lactase enzyme. You may therefore, modify your diet by * excluding milk and milk products; * taking supplement of Lactase enzyme and, * adequate calcium + Vitamin D3 (Calcitriol) supplements daily to avoid weakening of bones. * Further, there are some foods which contain "hidden' lactose and should therefore be avoided as far as possible. These foods are : bread and other baked goods; breakfast cereals; soups, and breakfast drinks; salad dressings; and mixes for pancakes, biscuits, and cookies. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal, Dehradun
Follow-up: Treatment for urge to pass stools after eating dairy products? 5 hours later
Doctor Provide me the name of medicine as earlier I treated with unyenzyme and enzyplex but did not work. So provide name of medicine. Regards
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Writing online prescription is strictly prohibited Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXXXXX Nice hearing back from you. The strict terms and conditions of this website, as well as, professional ethics prohibit me from writing a prescription by Brand names of medicines. The online consultation is strictly advisory in nature. You may therefore consult your treating doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am sure he will agree with me, order relevant investigations to confirm Lactose intolerance. Once the diagnosis is confirmed through investigation reports, he will prescribe the advised medicines in appropriate doses. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal