Treatment for itchy rash on scalp and dry flakes?

Dec 2013

Hi Doc, I have tiny rashes/lumps on the center of my scalp itches and slowly it turns like dry flakes(Sort of dandruff). I usually won’t take head bath every day because of headache and sinus issue. Please advise any other alternate for this issue. Regards XXXX
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for itchy scalp and dry flakes in the same. As per the history provided your condition can be either simple Pityriasis capitis" or "Seborrhea capitis" or "Pityriasis amantacia". The history provided by you is brief to reach and guide you best regarding your condition. Therefore I humbly request you to tell certain important points regarding your condition: - Since how long you have the above mentioned condition. - How often you get such condition. Is it continuously present or you feel improvement and then aggravation episodes. - Are these dry scales becomes sticky or you feel kind of oozing any time. - What are the hair products you are using for the present problem. It would be best to send few good resolution pictures of the scalp area parting the hair so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia. Hope to hear soon form your side. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)