Transvaginal scan showed hymen is not broken. Is this possible with regular intercourse?

Sep 2012

Hi, I went for a trans vaginal scan today and was surprisd to hear from my doc that my hymen is not broken and so the device couldnt be sent inside. I am a married lady married since 1 year with regular intercourse. Please advice me a way out.
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 55 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

It is really strange. I can understand your concern.

My advise is to go to another doctor for examination and opinion about persistence of hymen even after one year of regular intercourse.

It may occur in some rare conditions with very thick and abnormal hymen. If that is the case, then it has to be operated before child birth or caesarian section will be must for delivery.

But, it is impractical to comment on this here. Because, you really need a clinical examination. So, consult with another gynecologist for clinical examination using speculum.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.