Took unwanted 72 after an unprotected intercourse. Did not get the proper period. Pregnant?

I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on the 17th and i came inside her. She had taken an unwanted 72 within an hour and another tablet just after 12 hours. she has had nausia for the 24 hours but hasnt puked. She had her last period from the 31st of october till the 3rd of november. Her next period is about due now and she has had spotting combined with period like symptoms. However, the bleeding wasnt much. she is also feeling weak and dehydrated.

Please suggest on what this could be.
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 39 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

Periods do get affected by use of emergency pills like unwanted.
These are hormonal pills and may cause delay in periods, early periods or spotting and unexpected vaginal bleeding.
Also nausea can occur.

The reason for her spotting could be side effect of the pill and it might not be her actual period.

The second possibility could be that she is about to get her periods and it has started with spotting for now. Premenstrually symptoms like nausea, weakness and bodyache do happen.

So she should just wait now for her spotting or actual period dates to get over.

She may take a pregnancy test then if she does not get a proper period this month.

I hope I have answered your query.