Took stilnox pill accidentally. What should be done?

Feb 2013

HI My 12 year old tooK a 10 ml stilnox pill thinking he was taking his antihistamine. I made him through several times up about 1 hour after he took it and right now I have him next to me. What should we do?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take him to emergency department. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Stilnox contains Zolpidem and it is used to initiate and maintain sleep in those with sleeping difficulties. There is no safety data and experience of its use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age. Child needs close medical observation therefore I suggest you to take him to emergency to assess and for further management. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.