Took monistat for yeast infection. Having swelling on vagina and uvula. Took Aleeve for swelling. Is it a side effect?

May 2013
I took monistat earlier today because of what I thought was a yeast infection brought on my taking antibiotics for acute tonsillitis prescribed by my doctor. I took the antibiotic and monistat today & am now having swelling on my vagina my uvula is extremely swollen. I have taken Aleeve to help the swelling but no relief yet
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible allergic reaction to monistat

Detailed Answer:
Sometimes monistat can cause allergic reactions.
And that can present with swelling of the genital area, pain, itching etc.
So better to consult gynecologist as early as possible and get examined to find out the exact cause of the problem and get treated.
Analgesic tablets may not help in decreasing all the symptoms of allergic reaction.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.