Took misoprostol for abortion. Is it safe and what are the risks?

Hi I took 2 dosages of misoprostol for abortion purposes I took 4 pills vaginally on we'd and 24 hours later inserted the other 4. I just want to know if this is safe for me and will not cause additional damage? Just wondering if is a safe drug and if not, what are its risks?
Or if I'm safe and shouldn't really worry about it.?
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Only misoprostol is not sufficient to cause the abortion , you have to take mifeprine tablet before inserting misoprostol.You have to take them under doctor's guidance as they might cause failure or an incomplete abortion.You had one C section so it is better to be under doctor's observation.The dose is 4 tablets not 8 tablets.You have inserted them on Wednesday, today is Saturday and by now you should have aborted, You can wait for two more days and if bleeding doesn't start repeat the pregnancy test and get an ultrasound done.If both are positive and there is a sac inside the cavity you have to repeat the whole dose after consulting your doctor.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome