Took extra dose of Lisinopril. Any effect?

Apr 2014

I took an extra dose of my Lisinopril do I need to take it again in the morning & will I be ok with taking a extra dose now & Effient?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can miss next morning dose as you have taken extra

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Sorry,you shouldn't take extra dose of Lisinopril. You may have toxicity due to overdose.
You didn't mentioned how much dose you have taken and you have any problem or not after taking extra dose.
Lisinopril is given once a day only. It is not right that taking extra dose will make it more efficient. Infact toxicity may develop in the form of lightheadedness, fainting etc.
If you have any problem you should consult your doctor immediately.
Lisinopril is generally prescribed in 5-10 mg dosage and can be increased up to 20 mg provided patient is not having liver or kidney problems.
In new cases it may take three weeks time to get the desired level of blood pressure.
You should not worry,Blood pressure will settle with time.
Now you need not to take morning dose again and you can resume normal dosage day after.

Hope i have answered your your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care