Took emergency contraceptive pill after unprotected sex. Missing periods. Chances of pregnancy?

May 2013
I took unwanted 72 within 5 hr & got bleeding aftr 6daz tht lastd for 3 days but its been a month n m missing periods, is there any chnce of pregnency?How many days differ in period after taking unwanted 72?
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.
Unwanted 72 is a emergency contraceptive pill which should be taken within 72 hours to prevent pregnancy.

In your case,
-as you took the pill within 5 hours,
-you had periods after taking the pill
the chances of pregnancy is less.
As menstrual irregularities can occur with this tablet you can get periods in next 10 to 15 days.

But if you had mistaken implantation bleeding for menstrual bleeding there is chance of pregnancy.

So now what you can do is get urine pregnancy test done.
If test comes negative you visit local gynecologist, get examined and if needed go for ultrasound examination.
if there is no pregnancy you can take medicines for withdrawal bleeding under her guidance.
in case of positive pregnancy test or if gestational sac is visualized in ultrasound you decide what to do next and take advice from your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.
take care.