Took botox injection for migraines and started having hair loss. Could it be adrenal fatigue?

Question
I am having hair loss started 6 months ago, after having botox injections for migraines. . I am post hysterectomy a 30 years and take 1 mg estridol daily. Ive had blood work and results are: estrogen total 426, t3 25.7, t4 1.3, dhea 16, tsh w/reflex to free t4 2.21, fsh 68.4, lh 39.5, estradiol 72, progesterone <0.2, testosterone total 14,... mother, sister, niece have and are being treated for hypothyroidism. My doctors are wanting me to increase estradiol to 1.5 and use progesterone cream 150mg daily. I have lost 50+% hair volume and now extra thin on top and sides. Your input is very much appreciated
Could i be in adrenal fatigue. Had a 24hour urine test done awaiting results. Should i look into a place that deals with biodentical hormones. Including thyroid and adrenal fatigue.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 12 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. Hair loss could be due to hormonal or non hormonal causes. Hormonal causes are pretty straihht forward to diagnose and treat and with treatment improvement in hair loss can be expected in a couple of months. Problem arises when no obvious cause if found - in this scenario its most likely multi factorial and non hormonal. Your docs have ruled out thyroid issues and have ordered a urine test - 24 hour urinary free cortisol I suppose to rule ouf adrenal insufficiency. Wait for the reports before you take any hormonal preparations including bioidentical ones. Its wrong to implicate a hormonal cause for hair loss until its proved.Many a times no obvios cause is found and empirical treatment is given. Take supplements to improve hair strenghts like calcium, iron, vitamin d, multi vitamin capsules and topical preparations. See a good dermatologist or a cosmetologist. Dont worry too much - with treatment hair loss should subside.
Shivaprasad