Took accidentally 2 extra strength Reactine pills. What kind of problems may I have?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hi
My name is XXXXXXX,I'm 66
I took accidentaly 2 extra strength Reactine pills.2X10mg.What kind of problems may I have,what can I do to reduce
the consevences? May be I should drink lots of water ?
Thank you for your help
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 18 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for posting,

I do not think you have any thing to worry about given that Extra Strength Reactine 10 mg (Cetirizine 10mg) has dosage recommendation of up to 20mg (and you may even go upto 60mg daily dose divided into 3 dosages).
Side effects if present might be experienced. But if you have not experienced any yet, then you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
Dr. Bernard

Follow-up: Took accidentally 2 extra strength Reactine pills. What kind of problems may I have? 11 minutes later
Thank you very much.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 8 minutes later
You are welcome and the pleasure is mine. Write back anytime for any other health query.
Dr. Bernard