Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Toddler swallowed carbamide peroxide. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4362 Questions
my toddler may have swallowed a small amount of carbamide peroxide (debrox ear drops)- what should we do?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

Carbamide peroxide is an oxidising agent and in higher quantities, it acts like a corrosive acid causing burns to the XXXXXXX organs.

I strongly recommend you to take him to a facility immediately which has both pediatrics and gastro enterology to examine and rule out burns.

Please do not feed him anything until you XXXXXXX the doctors. Watch out for fever and vomiting

I hope, this information is useful. Please accept my answer in case you have no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor