Toddler swallowed carbamide peroxide. What to do?

my toddler may have swallowed a small amount of carbamide peroxide (debrox ear drops)- what should we do?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Carbamide peroxide is an oxidising agent and in higher quantities, it acts like a corrosive acid causing burns to the XXXXXXX organs.

I strongly recommend you to take him to a facility immediately which has both pediatrics and gastro enterology to examine and rule out burns.

Please do not feed him anything until you XXXXXXX the doctors. Watch out for fever and vomiting

I hope, this information is useful. Please accept my answer in case you have no further queries.