Tired of being sad. How to overcome this problem?

My brother recently died a horrible death while in prison. My backstory: I lost 2 children in 1984, my fiance' died when I was 26, my mother died when I was 32, my sister died on my 40th birthday, and my baby brother died Oct 5th. I've been married to an alchoholic for 25 years who hasn't drank in nearly three years but uses meth "recreationally" instead. He has a slight porn addiction. I have two young twin sons, age 10, if it weren't for them I'd off myself. I'm tired of being sad, in mourning, etc. I know that bad things happen to people, and probably worse than what I have experienced, but I just really can't take anymore. Tired of feeling like shit.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
antidepressant medicines will help you to come out

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

In such instances antidepressants medicines do help, undoubtedly

I feel, in your case counselling alone may not help

We do encounter such cases in our routine clinical practice

This is quite treatable, recoverable not without much difficulty. This is a medical problem, not because of "weak will power" etc

You need to consult a psychiatrist who will examine you completely, might ask for some blood tests like thyroid function test and then prescribe antidepressant

Hope this helps