Tip of tongue is tingling with loss of taste. The tip feels like pins and needles. Reason?

Feb 2013

My 19 year old son says for about 1 week now that the tip of his tongue is tingling with a. Loss of taste at the tip of tongue, could this be a vit b deficiency?
He says it the tip feels a little like pins and needles. He has always been healthy,
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be deficiency of B Complex vitamins.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It is looking like inflammation tip of tongue which is called glossitis.

It usually occur due to trauma, consuming hot food or liquids, or vitamin deficiency most commonly-B complex vitamins.

Look for any redness at the tip of his tongue.

Encourage him to take vegetables, leafy vegetables, and fruits in his diet.

Supplementation with oral gel containing benzocaine or lignocaine.

Consult his doctor for physical examination of his oral cavity and for the prescription of medication.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.