What is the treatment for painful mouth and swollen tongue?

I was released from the hospital 3 days ago after 3 weeks in. Initially I had a licensive adhesion surgery, fairly simple. Four days later I went into full arrest and was put on ventilator. My small intestine was perforated so I had bowel reconstruction and pent two weeks in ICU and am home now, even gave up my walker today. My trouble is that my mouth is painful and burning and my tongue has swollen to 3 times its size. Everything. Even popsicles and ice cream hurt. Help ?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible vitamin malabsorption Detailed Answer: Dear sir/madam Welcome to healthcare magic Post bowel reconstruction surgery, there will be loss of intestinal villae causing vitamin malabsorption especially water soluble vitamins causing symptoms like mouth ulcers, chelosis, swelling of lips. Especially riboflavin deficiency causes the above mentioned symptoms So ideally you should take a course of vitamin b complex after consulting your doctor. Secondly swelling of lips occur due to drug allergy. So review with your doctor if you are allergic to some drugs that you are currently taking Hope this information is helpful Thanks
Follow-up: What is the treatment for painful mouth and swollen tongue? 1 hour later
Thank you. It's great not to need another precription!
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No indeee Detailed Answer: Dear madam Hope you may have to streamline your current drugs or medicines, no new drugs are needed, except if your doctor prescribes vitamins as I advised it might be needed Thanks