Tingling in fingers, benign fasiculation syndrome, EMG, MRI, spot on scalp

Tingling in fingers and other body parts
Hello and thanks for your answer. I am a 26 year old male that is otherwise healthy. I do obsess over health issues and have recently been prescribed porzak.

For the past week I have noticed tingling sensations in both hands (mostly the pointer, ring and index fingers), sometimes my toes, and on one spot on my scalp. Of course I googled this, and am now terrified of MS (no family history of this). The tingling comes and goes, and in regard to my fingers usually only effects the tips.

1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with benign fasiculation syndrome (BFS). I was experiencing widespread twitching - I underwent and EMG (w/ fine needle) and an MRI. However, I don't remember having any tingling. My father is a doctor and said he is not concerned, but I obsess over things like this.

Should I be concerned about MS? Other than the tingling I don't have any symptoms. Would MS present like this?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 3 hours later

From the description of the symptoms and the past history of BFS (Benign Fasciculation syndrome), I personally feel you are suffering from anxiety neurosis.

I personally feel your symptoms are non-specific and do not support the diagnosis of MS (Multiple Sclerosis). Isolated Tingling involving the hands and feet is not suggestive of MS in the absence of other symptoms.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist