Tingling in arms. Prescribed dusulepin, citalopram, diazepam, propanolol. Advise?

I am taking 75mg dusulepin and 20mg citaloprem at night and 25mg dusulepin in the morning as my doctor only increased my citaloprem from 10mg to 20mg 2 weeks ago she gave me diazepan to take if needed. I also take 80mg propanolol . For the lastv2 days I have felt really sick and a lot worse to day tingling in arns . I XXXXXXX t know what to do
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 hours later

The medications that you are taking are unlikely to cause tingling and the symptoms can be due to parasthesia skin which is due to dysfunctioning of neurons. Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

It can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, malnutrition. Other causes are motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a neurologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.