Thyroid test done. Does the finding in the report show the symptom of pregnancy?

thyroid profile of my sister report t3-99.32. T4- 6.5 T.S.H - 2.13,but in the report (reference range) 1st trimester 2nd and 3rd trimester also included.does it mean my sister is pregnant,generally in reference range trimester doesnt shown ,if given it mean my sister had pregnant
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

I saw the report and there is no abnormality in the thyroid profile of your sister.
The thyroid hormone levels are well within normal range for the age.
It does not imply that she is pregnant and this profile is never used to diagnose pregnancy.
Since pregnancy is associated with altered hormonal levels, appropriate normal range for stage of pregnancy is always mentioned for such levels, be it thyroid or others.
May I know why this test was ordered?
What were the symptoms?

If she has missed a period this March, chance of pregnancy depends on if she had regular periods earlier, if she has any other hormonal cause suspected and many other possibilities.

Please consult the ordering doctor for these possibilities. A pregnancy card test is helpful to diagnose pregnancy early. Please take the opinion of a gynaecology expert for the missed period, if her cycles were usually regular.

From the current information provided, I cannot guess a pregnancy.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!
Follow-up: Thyroid test done. Does the finding in the report show the symptom of pregnancy? 1 hour later
she increased in wait from 49 to 63 kgs in just 7 months so my mother consult with her colleuge who is a medical specialist suggested her to take this test.
she had her periods regulalrly since last 15 months before that she had irregular periods for 3 months,and everything is fine before that.
she told that she checked with velocit pregnency kit it was negative (at control region(c) it wad dark line and test region(t) it was very light)
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Thanks for the update, XXXXXXX

The thyroid profile is normal and pregnancy test is negative.
Missed period is mostly due to irregular cycles.

Increased weight and irregular menses point to some ovarian, uterine or hormonal problem and she should see a good gynecologist and get evaluated.

She may be advised a sonography of the pelvis and some hormone assays on evaluation.

I hope you had an answer to your query.
May I request you to please rate this experience here before you accept the answer and close the query.

Good luck!
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at (or any future query)