Thyroid problem. On TMZ. Why does she have hair loss? How to treat it?

Infertility Specialist
My Wife is 28 year old ,she have tyroid problem for last year her test reports are FT4 CLIA is 1.08,TSH CLIA is 5.21 ,right now she is taking T.NMZ 5 mg daily (One Tablet),although is is recovering very fast ,only concern is that is is facing Massive hair Loss ,is ther any medicine which can simultaneously control this hair loss .
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thyroid hormones appear to be in right control. Hair loss can be prevented by following ways:

1) Have balanced diet which includes right amount of proteins, fat, carbohydate, vitamins & minerals.
2) If she is not having proper sleep, please see to it that she takes atleast 7 hours of undisturbed sleep daily.
3) If there is any stress in her life, it has to be controlled which is a reason for hair loss.
4) Few medications belonging to group potassium channel openers and many other types of drugs which can be applied like oil to head or as tablets can be tried after consulting your doctor.

Please see a qualified dermatologist who can give you right medications depending upon type of hair loss which can be assessed on physical examination.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.