Thick white vaginal discharge that clings to vaginal wall. Tested negative for all STDs. Possible causes and treatment ?

Ive been having thick white vaginal discharge for almost a year. It does not come out of my underwear but just clings to the walls of my vagina and I can scroop it out. I have been tested negative for all STDs including herpes,and negative for BV (and all other related infections) and yeast. I have had abbraisons appear on the exterior of my vagina and big red spots on my exterior that lasted for a month and then went away. What could this be? It has ruined me life, causing me to be so depressed and feel unwanted. Is it possible to be a type of candidas even though I tested negative for yeast? Or is it possible to be a type of BV for still be tested negative for it? Or is this a hormonal imbalance? I have also taken the morning after pill about 10 times in the past year, so this may be related. Is there something I can take to counteract the effects of the pill? I am seriously losing all hope in life lately, I just want an answer. The gyneocologists I went to have no idea- they tested me for HIV and diabetes- both negative. Is there anything that this could be- any advice- and what type of medications would you recommend? I have also not had any sugar or alcohol and just have fruit, veggies, and fish along with exercising 4 times a week and there is still no change. Please help me, this is ruining my life.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later

From your history it seems that you are having candidal infection, though you have tested negative for yeast. You are negative for HIV and diabetes that's a good part because people with low immunity are prone for such infection. In my opinion, you need to take antifungal treatment both orally and local application in consultation with your local doctor. You need antifungal medicines for at least 3 months.

Also in diet, you should try to take curd and other probiotic foods. Expose your undergarments to direct sunlight while drying and in night avoid wearing undergarment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Thick white vaginal discharge that clings to vaginal wall. Tested negative for all STDs. Possible causes and treatment ? 2 days later
Thanks for your response, just some follow up questions with it:

Is there any specific product for candida did you recommend? Also, I have no itchiness whatsoever or burning or pain, just the redness and discharge. Is it possible to have candida without itchiness?
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 4 hours later

Hi again,

Candida can manifest without itching.

You may try 'fluconazole' or 'terbinafine'. They are effective against Candida infection. Your gynecologist can help you prescribing these drugs to you.

Wish you good health.