Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have any effect on the outbreak?

I have tested positive for HSV-2. I am trying to gain weight because of a high metabolism and wanted to know if drinking Ensure Plus will have an effect on any outbreaks I may get because of the protein in it? I am trying to keep my lysine high and arginine low.
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later

Drinking Ensure Plus is your own choice but simply would not affect the disease course which is as a rule self limiting in the immunocompetent population.
Same is true about your choice to manipulate arginine and lysine ratio.
HSV-2 is a herpes group virus and it causes small blister like eruptions called vesicles, which is most commonly seen on genitals. This is a sexually transmitted disease but also spread by close physical contact. Testing positive for infection can be commonly seen. Since you are immunocompetent you may not have expressed the disease yet.
Reduced stress, joyful lifestyle along with balanced diet are known factors that can prevent outbreaks.

I hope that answered your query.