What is the use of gyargin powder?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Why these gyargin powder prescribed
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gyargin is L-Arginine Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. Gyragin powder is an amino acid supplement which mainly contains an amino acid called L-Arginine. This amino acid is normally produced by the body during protein metabolism. But during long illness, during injuries, this amino acid production is hampered and has to be supplemented. Foods such as peanuts, milk and eggs are rich in L-arginine. The conditions where gyargin is prescribed are listed below: 1. After any surgery for faster recovery 2. Chronic heart disease 3. Malnutrition 4. Erectile dysfunction 5. Cramps and pain in legs in smokers. I hope I have cleared your doubts. Please get back if any more clarifications. Thanks.
Follow-up: What is the use of gyargin powder? 17 minutes later
so is these good for my wife having 8th month and shes carrying a twins baby what will be the advantage for him wid yhese powder. ..
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gyargin in pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Gyragin in pregnancy is usually used to prevent high blood pressure and a condition called pre-eclampsia. Gyargin (L-Arginine) is converted into a chemical in the body which causes the blood vessels to open wider and causes decrease in blood pressure. In your wife's case there is increased chances of developing high blood pressure due to twin pregnancy. It is definitely useful for her for now. But it is not for long term use. I suggest you consult her gynecologist and get clear instructions regarding how long it has to be taken. It is usually not prescribed for more than 1-2 months. I hope I have cleared all your doubts. Thanks.