Taking zocor. Having sever back pain. MRI and X-ray showed clear. Is this pain from zocor?

Jan 2013

I have been taking zocor for the past two years and have had severe back pain most of that time it got so bad that I could not sleep at night, so a month ago I stoped taking it and the pain as all but left and I see a difference in it everyday it gets less , could my pain be caused by this Zocor? I have had MRIs And xrays But noting can be found! Thank you!
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 24 minutes later
Zocor contains simvastatin and this group of medicine are prone for muscle injury and cause pain in all muscles.
So you should go for serum CPK level for detection of muscle injury when you were in pain. Presently your values will be in normal range.
You should also consult with physician.
Let me know your views, if any.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava