Taking xet cr plus 25mg for anxiety, depression, tension and negative thinking. Is this a proper treatment?

I have the following problem for which i am following the treatment from a Doctor and taking medicine Xet CR Plus 25mg in night and Provo Plus half in morning. I want to know wheather the treatment is wrong or write.

Anxiety, episodes of severe anxiety with increase perspiration and palpitation, fear of dying, excessive worry
Repetitive thoughts and actions associated with anxiety
Phobia from certain situation or object like mob or meetings.
Tension, lack of desire
Sleep problems some times
Headache, chronic pain and migraine some times
Low and depressed mood, negative thinking, ideas of self harm
Fear, suspiciousness, irritability,
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 14 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

From your detailed description it is clear that you are having anxiety and depressive illness.

Other symptoms of anxiety and depression which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth.

Anxiety and depression occur due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter.

In drug treatment two types of medicine used. For immediate relief of anxiety benzodiazepines group of medicines are used and for long term relief most commonly SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect.

All these process is complex. I have just simplified it to make you understand it. Your medicines too belong to SSRI and benzodiazepines groups (Xet CR plus and provo plus). Your treatment is appear to right to me. So, continue your existing treatment and believe me, people life changes after treatment.

Duration of treatment is complex decision and depends on many factors like severity of anxiety and depression, medical co morbidities, stress in life and number of anxiety/depressive episodes.

In general treatment duration is:
1st episode anxiety and depression: one year
2nd or subsequent episodes of anxiety and depression: lifelong

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Taking xet cr plus 25mg for anxiety, depression, tension and negative thinking. Is this a proper treatment? 30 hours later
Thanks a lot Sir. You are correct in my case and i am hundread percent satisfy.
how to know the 1st episode anxiety and depression
and 2nd or subsequent episodes of anxiety and depression.

Before six month i had disconutinue this medicine and again started.

How to contact you on clinic.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

As symptoms recur after a few months of improvement, then we will consider it as second episode.

You can collect my clinic detail from my XXXXXXX profile. I am mentioning here link for this.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.