Taking tylenol for spinal stenosis and herniated disc. Any other medicine to take?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have spinal stenosis and two herniated disc on my two lower disc? My current regime is tylenol 650 2-3 times a day and epidural injections every couple of months. Are there any other supplements/prescriptions that I could discuss with my doctor? Are there any minimal invasive surgeries for spinal stenosis and herniated disc? If yes would it eliminate my pain? On occasion, my foot falls asleep and I have constant pain in the buttocks.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later

If you dont get better with these treatment (physiotherapy and epidural injections),I suggest you undergo surgery, by which the nerves are decompressed which would significantly improve your symptoms.

Now a days minimal invasive surgery for herniated disc performed through a microscope known as microdisectomy.

Laminotomy and foraminotomy are two decompression surgeries commonly used to treat spinal stenosis symptoms, and both can be done using minimally invasive techniques.

So discuss these options with your surgeon.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.