Taking synthroid for underactive thyroid. Missed periods. EPT negative. Chances of pregnancy?

i take synthriod (125mg) daily for underactive thyriod. i have missed my period and have all the signs of being pregant but get a negative EPT. Could i still be pregant?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
It is common to miss the periods in case of an underactive thyroid gland.
If your pregnancy test is negative, then your chances of being pregnant are almost negligible.
The symptoms of pregnancy are mostly non specific and do not conclusively indicate about pregnancy.

You need to wait for your period to be overdue for more than 7 days before going for a urine pregnancy test available at all the pharmacies.
To be doubly sure, you can get your raising serum HCG titres evaluated under the guidance of your gynaecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking synthroid for underactive thyroid. Missed periods. EPT negative. Chances of pregnancy? 21 minutes later
i am 2 weeks late on my period and when i take a test the postive line faintly shows the when the test drys its gone. what does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If there is a faint test line then it can be indicative of a chemical pregnancy or an early miscarriage. The exact diagnosis can be confirmed after serum Beta Hcg levels and ultrasound scan of lower abdomen.
In case there is any pain in lower abdomen then ectopic pregnancy also needs to be ruled out.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.