Taking rosuvas for borderline high cholesterol. Got normal cholesterol level. Any suggestion?

Question
I had borderline high cholesterol, for which I was prescribed Rosuvas 10. The last report showed that my cholesterol is middle of the prescribed range. Should I discontinue my medication?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Cholesterol

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Welcome to health care magic,
This is Dr.Sivayogi here,
As per the details you have provided, you have been treating for both hypertension and dyslipidaemia. From your latest lipid profile, you told you have border line elevated lipids, my strong advice is to continue the same dose of rosuvas 10mg, why because we have a lot of clinical evidence that rosuvas pill has additional advantages than not only reducing the cholesterol , mainly the anti-inflammatory action over the blood vessels. Due to this additional advantage rosuvas prevents the formation of atherosclerosis of blood vessels, as you already have the risk factor of hypertension, the process of atherosclerosis and inflammation of blood vessels is greatly reduced.
That's why I strongly suggest you to continue it, and once cholesterol reaches normal, then you can reduce the dose to 5 mg.

Using lipid lower pill is the only the treatment for management of dyslipidemia, now you are at the age of 30 only , so you can do the work outs and aerobics. At least 30 minutes of exercise is must for you. Exercise naturally protects your body.

Hope I have cleared your doubt XXXXXXX
If you need any further clarifications, write us back,
Wishing you good health,
Yours
Dr.Sivayogi

Follow-up: Taking rosuvas for borderline high cholesterol. Got normal cholesterol level. Any suggestion? 26 minutes later
Dr Sivayogi

My cholesterol is normal now. I have attached my last set of reports. So, would you suggest that I lower my dosage to 5mg?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome back.

If your cholesterol is under good control you can reduce the dose of rosuvas to 5mg after discussing with your treating doctor. Once you achieve the target - HDL levels of above 40, doing physical exercise at least 30 minutes and got your blood pressure under 130/90 - you may stop using rosuvas .

Hope you got better clarification now; if you need any further clarifications feel free to write back.

Yours,
Dr. SIVAYOGI