Taking pristiq, omeprazole, simvastaatin, montelukast and generic allegra. Reason for itching?

Hi! I have had alot of itching lately and there is nothing there so I was wondering if it could be one of my medicines?
I take pristiq,omeprazole,simvastaatin, montelukast, spiriva, and advair. Also generic allegra.

Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 5 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Some of the drugs that you are taking can cause allergic reactions and may be responsible for itching.

But there is also history of asthma and allergy for you which could be responsible for itching.

Allegra that you are taking should give relief for itching that you are having.

If the symptoms persist despite taking allegra you should consult your doctor for further evaluation of the exact cause of your problem and further management.

Hope this helps.